Groups at Rockway
In addition to church governance councils and committees, Rockway has a number of special interest groups that meet regularly. These currently include the following:
- Bowling – meets one evening a month (October – April) for informal recreational bowling and fellowship. No experience necessary.
- Discovery Group – a social group for seniors and retirees. It meets monthly for a time of fellowship and organized activities of mutual interest.
- Environmental Committee – the group organizes and promotes the church’s Carbon Offset Project and encourages members to learn more about climate change, consider how our lifestyles contribute to that growing environmental concern, and take appropriate action.
- Families with Young Children – the church has many families with young children. This group plans times of fellowship (often after church services) to share a common meal and get to know one another better.
- Knitters & Knotters – this group meets monthly at the church to knot comforters for Mennonite Central Committee and other relief agencies. In January 2009 they knotted their 100th blanket.
- Men’s Hockey – a group of Rockway Church men and several of their acquaintances gather weekly for non-competitive recreational old-timers hockey.
- Newsletter Editorial Committee – helps the newsletter editor prepare copy and generate ideas for the church newsletter.
- Trail Walkers – a group of mainly seniors who meet Monday mornings at various locations around Waterloo Region for a one-hour walk followed by coffee time.
- Women’s Book Club – meets monthly in participants’ homes to discuss a book they have read. Members suggest books of interest and take turns leading the discussion.